Okay let's be honest here. The real title of this post should be Blood Sweat and Tears. That's right. This project was tough. I would love to say that it was a piece of cake and I whipped it out in a few days like some of the amazing reupholstery divas out there but that was so not the case for me. I have been working on this little bits at a time since July(ish). I got distracted of course with other projects in between but towards the end when I was really dedicating my free time to it, it still took a lot of time and a lot of work. Fortunately I found a phenomenal blog that gave the best tutorial for reupholstering. Amy at Design Intervention provided all the answers to the things I was stumped on through her tutorials. Check her tutorial out here if you are feeling brave enough to tackle your own reupholstery project.
I will post detailed pics and instructions of my own on how this baby came about at a later day. For now, I was just too excited to put up pictures since I literally just finished sewing the last corner of the seat cushion.
Let me quickly remind you what this cutie pie looked like when we first found him in our before/after shot:
Now, she is far too beautiful to be a him, so here she is:
Please ignore the saggy seat cushion- the foam is worn and uneven so I plan on putting in a fresh and plump new piece soon which will fill that baby right back up. I am also making a little pillow out of the same fabric, but love the little bling pillow there for now. Also, the ottoman will be coming soon. I was too antsy to see the finished product so I sort of abandoned the ottoman once the fabric was stripped. She's still naked in my basement but I promise it will get done!
My goal was to have this little baby done before Christmas. I'm feeling pretty spoiled to have her. Merry Christmas to me!
I'm linking up to: