I loved several things in this room:
1) the gorgeous linen headboard
2) the antiqued silver night stand with fabulous elegant legs
3) the assortment of accent pillows in a fairly monochromatic color scheme
4) the neutral bedding
What I didn't love:
1) the intensity of the wallpaper (too feminine for a bedroom shared by a man and woman in my opinion) and overwhelming on all walls.
Mirrored night stand, grey/ light blue color scheme
White chair rail and decorative molding boxes, clean white bedding
soft grey walls, clean neutral bedding
SOOO here is what it took Penny Wenny 8 months to realize:
- I don't want dark walls!
- I like a monochromatic color scheme
- I love my "clean" whites and "creamy" creams
- I love elegant lines on furniture
- I love mirrors on night stands
- I love neutral linen tufted headboards
- I LOVE molding
Finally I know exactly how I want this room to look and I have come up with a game plan on a thrifty gal's budget using as many of my own components as possible. First, I need to paint! Buh-bye dark blue, hello soft grey. Second, my sweets and I will install chair rail and decorative molding... eeek! I can hardly contain my excitement about this one because it took much convincing on my behalf for him to realize how gorgeous molding is and that it doesn't only belong in museums. Silly boy. Lastly, and quite possibly the most fun part- furniture and decorating! Fortunately I already have most of the furniture and accent pieces that are going to make my bedroom the sanctuary that I want it to be. It's just a matter of painting and refinishing them to the color and style that I want. I can't wait to show you what I have pulled up my sleeve! Hopefully we don't all have to wait another 8 months for me to reveal this exciting transformation.
Ladies and gentlemen, bring on the paint.