Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Little Houndstooth Chair

Remember the kind of frightening looking little green chair I shared with you a little while ago?

My client chose a gorgeous houndstooth fabric that she wanted two of these matching chairs to be re-upholstered in.

Here's the-little-chair-that-could now:

 Here's her cute little back side.
 And her pillow-less front side.
 I think she looks darling with a bright and bold colored pillow like the one I made for my front porch.
 You have to see this fabric up close.  It really is so gorgeous and is so thick and durable for upholstery.
This fabric is made by Robert Allen, called Square Pegs Noir.  It's got a hefty price tag (regularly $80/yard at Joann) but is on sale for half price right now.

I will share the full tutorial on this upholstery job when I have finished the second chair.  I sort of failed to take pics as I worked on this one.  I'll be better on the next chair, promise.  :)

Thanks for reading!

XO

~Penny Wenny
 
I'm sharing this project with:


The DIY Show Off








Photobucket



UndertheTableandDreaming



Transformation Thursday


Furniture Feature Fridays








9 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! I love houndstooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation! It makes me wish I could sew because I'd love to try doing slip covers/recovering...especially after seeing your fantastic chair, it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chair looks awesome! I love the hounds tooth fabric. It really compliments the style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! It's another fantastic upholstery restyle, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of houndstooth! Love the pick for your chair--it's such a timeless look. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab, looove houndstooth!! Suits the shape of the chair perfectly, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh....I might just be in love with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the chair was ugly as green and now it's gorgeous as black and white.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!