Monday, February 21, 2011

Sweet Day for Brownies

Oh. My. Gosh. 

Can I even begin to tell you how exciting this day has been for me?  I am in total awe.  The morning started with my guest post being featured on Remodelaholic.  If you aren't already a follower of Cassity's blog, you are missing out!  Please check her out.  Not only is her blog amazing, but she is amazing!  I love nice people.





I did a post on the process and steps involved in the Master Bedroom Makeover.  I am so grateful to Cassity for posting this in time for the contest that I entered.  All of your votes are helping so much! 

Then as if that wasn't enough to knock my socks off, Tatertots and Jello featured me on their Facebook page.  Holy cow! If you haven't been reading TT & J, (and live under a rock), check it out!!!

Last, but certainly not least, Cassie at Primitive and Proper featured me on her blog today also.  Her blog (like the others) is so phenomenal and once again I had to pinch my cheeks to make sure that this wasn't all a dream. 
                                                           

I chuckle to think that I was seriously 5 minutes away from spray painting my metallic night stands white the other night when I got so frustrated with them... so glad I waited for the whole room to be put back together!

I am so flattered by all of the comments and new followers that I have received today.  I really can't even begin to express how grateful I am.

Because of your votes for my contest submission with Ivory Homes, we are in the lead today!  Only one more day of voting... hopefully with your help we can keep it up.

After a rewarding day like today, I feel like I deserve a brownie (or two).  Here is a fabulous recipe for you all to enjoy with me.  This recipe was a "woops" that turned out to be a hit.  My amazing momma tried to give me the recipe over the phone once off the top of her head and messed up on the amount of eggs.  By omitting one of the eggs, these brownies turned out so chewy while still maintaining the fabulous flavor.  Just for fun, I like to add a little bit of Peanut Butter into my frosting.

Enjoy!

Penny Wenny's OOPS Chewy Chocolate Brownies

Brownies
Ingredients:
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour

Ingredients shown are for brownies and frosting, but the PB is missing here... sorry Skippy!

Directions:
In large mixing bowl, melt butter with cocoa powder in microwave.  Stir well.

 Add in eggs, sugar and flour; beat well with hand mixer until smooth.



Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan and spread out evenly with spatula (consistency will be fairly thick),


 bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to cool before frosting.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients:
1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
2 heaping TBSP cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP cream, half and half, or whole milk
approx 2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:
Melt butter and cocoa powder in large mixing bowl in the microwave.  Mix in vanilla.  Alternate between milk 1 TBSP at a time and powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you have reached a smooth consistency (mine worked best with 3 TBSP milk and 2 cups sugar).  Mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter. 


Once brownies have cooled, spread frosting over brownies with spatula, cut and enjoy with a tall glass of milk.

Yum!



Sharing this recipe with:

4 comments:

  1. wow- those look AMAZING. I just gave into my brownie craving last night. But i think next time i HAVE to have these...hopefully it's not too soon though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, your room looks GREAT! You deserve all of the awesome recognition. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lauren! It was quite surreal for me..,

    Kylee, here's my philosophy- whenever you feel like a brownie, you EAT one girl! Let me know how yours turn out when you bake them.

    THANK YOU Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you! If you have any detailed questions, please feel free to email me- LittleMissPennyWenny@gmail.com. Thanks!